Captured video and audio clips sometimes contain unwanted portions at the beginning, in the middle, or at the end. These unwanted portions are easily removed in CyberLink PowerDirector using the trim functions.
You can trim all your video clips using the Multi Trim function. Multi Trim lets you trim out one or more portions of a video clip at once, resulting in clips that are independent from the original video. You can also detect scenes using the Multi Trim tool.
- use and in magnifier tools to set the magnification level on the video clip. The size of the timeline magnifier will change based on the magnification level selected.
- drag the timeline magnifier along the timeline to find the section of video you want to trim.
- use the timeline slider to find the starting and end points of your video clips that you want to trim. You can also use the playback controls to find the exact frames in the frame display area.
- click on in the trimming tools to mark the starting point of a trim, and to mark the end point.
Note: the portions of video that CyberLink PowerDirector will insert into the timeline are indicated in blue. If currently it is these sections that you want to omit from the timeline, click the Invert button in the trimmed portions area.
- move the timeline slider over a trimmed portion and click the button in the trimming tools to split it into two clips.
- click on in the trimming tools to detect all the scenes in your video clip. You can then choose to just mark them on the timeline or have CyberLink PowerDirector automatically trim them for you.